This programme provides human capital with expertise in business. It is also in tandem with the government's desire in producing talents more effectively towards achieving the national vision.
This program will produce managers who are (i) able to analyze, synthesize and evaluate business issues in a holistic manner. (ii) able to communicate effectively, carry out professional and social responsibilities strategically and ethically in dealing with business issues.
UTM IBS may assist candidates to appoint which lecturers as their supervisors. However, candidates are free to select their preferred lecturer to supervise based on areas of research interest below. Candidate may send a proposal to their preferred lecture via email.
HRM, organizational behaviour, emerging issues in HRM/HRD, organizational learning, mentoring, managing change, diversity and HRM/HRD, quality management, training and organizational development, global and cross cultural HRM/HRD, innovation and creativity in HRD, talent management/development, engagement and retention
Macroeconomic management, sustainable development, trade policy, poverty eradication, business ethics and value, strategic management,public policy analysis, international business, public sector management, human resource management
Behaviours of Consumers in Selecting Banking Products Payment Cards: Credit Cards; Charge Cards; Debit Cards Islamic Banking; Islamic Finance; Islamic Economics Personal Financial Management; Islamic Financial Management; Corporate Finance The Economic Impact and Development Money and Monetary System
- A master's degree in relevant field from University Teknologi Malaysia or any other institutions of higher learning recognised by the UTM Senate
2. Students will be based in Kuala Lumpur.
3. Application must be made online by log on to www.ibs.utm.my or www.sps.utm.my. You will also need to upload the soft copy of supporting documents in your online application form.
- Master Degree Award - Certified copy of Academic Transcript(s) - Passport Sized Photograph - Two Referee Forms (not compulsory) - Financial Guarantee/ Bank Account Statement (for self sponsored candidate) - Two copies of Scholarship Letter (If Any) - Proof of processing fee being paid - *Research proposal
*The research proposal format (for Master's by research or PhD degree application only):
Title: Chapter 1: Introduction
Background of the problem
Statement of the problem
Objectives of the study
Scope of the study
Significance of the study
Chapter 2: Literature Review
Review relevant research to provide rationale for your work
Present unanswered questions, untried method etc. your work addresses
Findings of others you are challenging or extending
Chapter 3: Research Methodology
Research Design & Procedure
Subjects or data sources
Instrumentation & Data Analysis
Assumptions & Limitations
Research Planning & Schedule
Chapter 4: Expected Findings and Summary
List of References
4. Selection & Registration Offer letter will be issued out once the candidates fulfill the application & admission requirements within 2-3 weeks. Kindly note that once registered as a student, you need to register subject online so that the progress of your report can be keyed in at the end of semester. You are also required to take two (2) taught subjects at any time during your study
University General Elective Subject offered by UTM IBS
We advise you to take during your these subjects during your first semester.